Franchises are popping up all over these days. After all, it is the age of the entrepreneur, and so many folks these days want to pursue their passion and be their own boss. Plus, in this age of financial crisis, a franchise can say “new start”, “work hard”, “be successful”. Entrepreneur Online says there are plenty of reasons to think about a franchise.
1. A good franchise has developed a business plan and a way of carrying out that plan that has a record of success. They are going to give you the training, the tools, the support you need to get your business up and running as well as momentum for the long haul.
Maid-Rite certainly does all that.
2. Entrepreneur says that the franchise you choose should have a strong brand. Brands are a big deal in marketing these days. If you open a business on your own, you have to spend time and money to “build a brand”.
Maid-Rite has a regional brand that is highly recognizable. There are people so attached to the Maid-Rite “brand” that they order and have shipped all the Maid-Rite “trappings” when they get lonely for it.
3. The article refers to training and says that training from the franchise corporation should be able to get up to speed on the ways that are tried and true to make your franchise ready to go and be profitable A.S.A.P. They should also have materials that cover everything that might come up while you are running the business.
That is very true with a Maid-Rite franchise. A team comes to you to assist in setting up your location, and stays with you until your soft opening. One on one training is what you will experience.
4. The Entrepreneur site adds that a good franchise opportunity will have on-going operational support, You can always call or ask anything you need to keep your young business going.
You can even call the CEO, personally, if you need help from Maid-Rite.
5. The franchise knows how to market their product well or you wouldn’t have even known about this franchise.
Yes. Any marketing ideas you need will be available through your Maid-Rite support team.
6. Most franchises, says the writer of the article, will help you find the right location for your business. This assures that your store will have to best possible chance to succeed.
Yep, Maid-Rite has this covered.
7. Entrepreneur suggests that franchisers can provide construction and design ideas for your new locations, something that Maid-Rite has done from their beginning.
8. A good franchise will allow its franchisees to take advantage of its buying power by allowing you to benefit from bulk prices they receive on supplies, uniforms, etc.
Done, done, and done.
9. There’s a risk involved in starting a new business. Taking that first step and then realizing that the weight of the success of your business is on your shoulders and your shoulders alone can rattle the strongest of entrepreneurs. That is not true if you open a franchise. Oh, it will still be a little scary, and you will keep your fingers crossed for at least an entire year. But with a franchise, you’re depending on their success, good name, and reputation to be the boost that assures that you are going to make it.
Thanks Entrepreneur, we thought we were doing a pretty good job!