Maid-Rite, for those many who are unfortunate enough never to have eaten at this magnificent restaurant franchise, just happens to have the best sandwiches ever invented. Their signature beef sandwich is so thick and juicy that they actually give the customers a spoon to eat the last little giblets that will inevitably have fallen out of the delectable bun while the lucky patron is gobbling it down with fervor.
- They have had plenty of time to perfect this masterpiece since they opened in 1926 with Mr. Fred Angeli at the helm in Muscatine, Iowa. He actually invented the “walk-up and drive-thru window” concept. He also was a forerunner in the franchise concept, opening four franchises from his original restaurant in the 1920’s. Today, the restaurant has more than 60 locations. This organization knows what it is doing.
- As already stated, the food is great, starting with the loose meat sandwich you have to eat with a spoon. The list of the other sandwiches they serve is long and yummy, but they also have salads, onion rings, malts, shakes, and, I kid you not, Root Beer Floats. Is your mouth watering yet?
- Hospitality and good food are the foundation of the Maid-Rite organization. They keep the family spirit that was embedded in the first store alive throughout the franchise chain and expect the same from all Maid-Rite franchise restaurants.
- Before a new store can open, the franchisees are instructed to attend a 1 – 2 week training workshop at Maid-Rite University in Des Moines, Iowa. At the University they learn control procedures, menu preparation, essentially everything they will need to know to run a Maid-Rite restaurant in the exact same manner it has been so successfully run in the past 90 years or so.
- Maid-Rite Corporation is dedicated to keeping their restaurants environmentally responsible. They recycle their paper products, encourage franchisees to follow the path of sustainability, and support stringent ecological sanitation procedures.
- In the world of franchising, the Maid-Rite organization is considered a very good deal. Start-up costs are quite competitive, and the training support make starting a Maid-Rite franchise a very sensible business decision.
- Your restaurant can actually be up and running within 90 days.
- The Maid-Rite brand is a recognizable one and customers are as loyal as they come. Some huge fans of the food have even had the sandwiches shipped to them.
- Maid-Rite gives back to the community. They are involved in several non-profit organizations, including the Boys and Girls Clubs.
- They have a Party Pack that can be sent anywhere in the country. It has a hat, an apron, placemats, utensils, all sorts of things so you can set up a pretend Maid-Rite party anytime you get homesick for your favorite diner.
I almost forgot to add that in an effort to assist our veterans who are returning home looking for ways to make a living, Maid Rite has made a very special offer. Qualifying veterans may begin a Maid-Rite franchise at a discount of $10,000. Along with the Patriot Express SBA Veteran Financing program, for which Maid-Rite is preapproved, this will give veterans another chance at making a life for themselves and their families.
So, really, come-on, folks, join the bandwagon. Who wouldn’t want this organization in their town or city? Let’s get a Maid-Rite in every part of the country. Can’t you just taste that eat-with-a-spoon beef sandwich right now?