Everyone loves to eat out! Not everyone wants burgers and fries, but not everyone wants a salad served with a side of fruit. Maid-Rite is one restaurant which fully supports your “rite” to healthy food options. It can be easy to eat healthy at home because you know more about what exactly enters your food. At Maid-Rite you can guarantee that all of our meals offered are wonderful with great ingredients with nothing to hide.
Our Veggie, Chicken, and Smoked Turkey wraps are a healthy alternative to burgers and most sandwiches. So many articles and talk shows have discussed how “bad” carbs are for those wanting to lose or maintain weight. Now, there is nothing wrong with bread and pasta but sometimes it can be so filling and so many restaurants focus on carb-based options. Our wraps will not leave you too full to move but you won’t be starving afterwards either. Honey wheat tortillas embrace great cheeses, veggies, and more without weighing your meal down with unnecessary calories.
Whether you want to admit it or not, you enjoy salad from time to time. Many people love the dressing more, but having the well-known salad option allows vegetarians and those looking to keep their “girlish figure” happy and eating well. Maybe just slow down on the ranch consumption. Or not, your call.
Admittedly, like most diners we offer a lot of fried and salty side options. French fries, chips, onion rings, and chili cheese fries are comfortingly delicious and are always a good call, but side salads are always a safe bet as well. We also offer potato salads, coleslaw, potatoes, soup, and baked beans. These may not be the healthiest options but it sure beats high-salt fries or high-salt onion rings other places offer. Even our side dishes are made from high quality ingredients. Other places offering “healthy” sides may not be using the best ingredients and a high quality fried potato is better for you than half-dead lettuce and onions.
Tips for eating out in a healthier way:
- Not everything needs salt! Our food is nearly perfectly seasoned for anyone’s taste. There’s no reason to bathe your food in salt here!
- Lean and roasted meat is always a good call! Breading is amazing but if you’re watching your figure or worried about carbs, sugars, and more it may be best to go for a grilled or roasted option instead. We won’t be offended.
- Ask questions! If you’re worried about the calorie, sodium, or vitamins intake of the food you’re ordering, ask us what we put in the dishes and ask for the nutritional information. This is especially useful for those with food allergies and sensitivities. Ask if we offer low-fat or low-calorie dressings if you’re so inclined.
- You don’t need to eat everything on your plate! Our food is so delicious you may feel as if you must eat it all in one sitting. Don’t stress too much. Food can be reheated. Overeating can lead to sluggishness, guilt, and your friends accusing you of having a tape worm. Take it easy, take it slow, and enjoy. Doggie bags are always an option. Plus side: you can eat more of it tomorrow!
- Shakes, malts, and soda isn’t mandatory! Our ice cream based deliciousness is the best around but we won’t feel bad if you decide to pass on the shake—this time.
We love your business but we also love your healthiness. Deliciously bad-for-you food is awesome in moderation. There’s a reason most of us don’t eat out every night. Treat yourself by ordering our delicious fries and shakes or be good to your waistline by ordering a salad or wrap. Either way, moderation is key—especially to keep Maid-Rite special and wonderful. Those you see every day eventually end up boring and annoying but the excitement of trying something new or the anticipation of your weekly Maid-Rite sandwich keeps it fresh and satisfactory. We won’t judge if you decide to come see us every day, though. You have the “Rite” to eat our food whenever you want! Read more for help eating healthier when eating out.