It was the mid-1800’s when franchising began in the US. Albert Singer used franchising as a way to get his machines distributed throughout the nation. Albert is recognized as the first person to develop a franchise contract.
In the mid-1900’s folks began to move to the suburbs and franchises soon followed in the form of retail and fast food chains. Because the baby boom created the need for more businesses to move further out of town, franchising was the best way to get this accomplished.
As more franchise opportunities appeared in the 60’s and 70’s, franchising got a bad name because of unscrupulous activities and under-funding. So, although large investments were being made, bankruptcies were causing investors to leave their large investments while having nothing to show for them.
No wonder franchises became recognized as speculative investments. With the advent of modern franchise laws from the federal and state, franchising became highly regulated. Franchisers now are being required to show a full disclosure document to anyone considering an investment in their businesses.
Franchising at its most basic boils down to this, a person can buy into an existing franchise for, more often than not, hundreds of thousands of dollars. After that, the person who bought the franchise pays a franchise royalty fee, out of the sales it makes, to the corporation. What’s left, after that belongs to the franchisee, who hopes that what is left is a lot of money.
Having heard the basics, why would a person want to buy into a franchise agreement?
- If you want to be your own boss and work for yourself, franchising is a great way to go.
- If you think that hard work is a good thing,you are going to love opening a franchise.
- If you are not a big risk-taker, franchising is a clever choice, because the franchiser has the experience, and the “system” has been worked out for you.
Now that you have a bit of background, let us remind you of a few of the things that make Maid-Rite an incredible franchise opportunity:
- Maid-Rite’s highly recognizable brand
- Customer service is a high priority
- Proven track record
- Delicious food
- Timely and friendly service
- Spotless cleanliness throughout its diner locations
- Food-safe methods
Just knowing that Maid-Rite’s meats are fine, grain-fed beef that is raised in the greater Omaha area is enough to make 80% of the country very happy. Not all beef served in dining establishments is of this high-quality, especially beef that is served in a diner or “fast food” restaurant.
Not only does Maid-Rite offer support as you start on your journey as a Maid-Rite franchisee, but it also stays with you to help keep your restaurant successful and profitable. Their support includes, but s not limited to:
- Choosing your location
- Helping with purchasing equipment
- Helping with choosing a location
- Helping with advertising
- Providing digital blueprints for your contractor
- Training in the daily operations of the diner
And they don’t leave their franchisee’s side, but continue providing managerial support, coupons, promotions, flyers, and even “to do ” lists. Call or email Maid-Rite today. You have nothing to lose by getting all the information you can, and you may be gaining a new career.