As our news announcement a while back states, we are now offering qualified Veterans a $10,000 discount on the franchise start-up fees for our company. This makes the final upfront costs only $25,000, a very reasonable cost for starting up a Maid-Rite location in your town!
Some companies offer small discounts for US Veterans, while others ignore them. We go a step further by helping them start a dream career! We already trust and respect these individuals, so it would be foolish not to help them out.
Veterans are like the rest of us, just with different work histories and stories. Companies who try to avoid hiring these wonderful people are really missing out on some great traits. Here are some reasons veterans are ideal for nearly any position—especially a franchisee.
- Learning new skills: In the military, people are expected to learn new skills and concepts quickly and this tends to transfer over into all aspects of life. Eventually, certain tasks can become easier than breathing.
- Leadership skills: Regardless of rank, military men and women are encouraged to be leaders, the higher the ranks, the greater the skills acquired, but the military mindsets tend to teach these people to manage time well in order to achieve goals in a myriad of circumstances.
- Working with others: High enlistment, large troops, and varying races, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and religions means a veteran shouldn’t have a problem with any other American. They earn respect and they respect others.
- Stressful situations: All military branches train their soldiers to perform well under pressure and in high levels of stress. If something can be done correctly during heavy rain, while screamed at, or while there is a threat of open fire, it can be done at any other time. Those who can handle stress well make it far in the military.
- Accountability: Military personnel are held responsible for their actions, so following things by the book is a must, and when rules are bent or broken, there’s a good reason for it. Things are done correctly the first time and they will make sure it stays that way. On a similar note, health and safety codes are never neglected because cleanliness and safety are two very high priorities to any military serviceman.
- Technology: There is equipment in various military branches that civilians could only dream about, and some of these veterans understand them all.
- Determination: Veterans and those in active service do not let obstacles stand in their way, they must overcome so much to get in the service and to stay there. Strength and determination give them character traits which will carry them far.
- Tax credits: There are some tax credit acts (the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011) which allow Work Opportunity Tax Credit to businesses who hire eligible veterans, so it can be financially reasonable for a company.
So to all the veterans out there, we acknowledge your amazing abilities and want you to come work with us. Other franchises take note; you’re missing out if you’re not helping these amazing men and women. And to all the customers out there, remember we support our veterans and all they have done for us, you should do the same.