Maid-Rite Diners are such an institution that you probably think you already know everything there is to know about this fabulous company. Well, not so fast, here are some things that we bet you didn’t know.
1. Maid-Rite has red velvet milkshakes.
2. In 1928, the first franchise of Maid-Rite was purchased by Clif Taylor for $300. This was the second franchise to open.
3. The Maid-Rite Corporation sells Maid-Rite merchandise. One item that they sell is Maid-Rite temporary tattoos.
4. Or, you might want to get that Maid-Rite feeling wherever you are. If so, there is the Maid-Rite party pack, which includes: Party Pack Instructions, Trivia Sheet, MR Seasoning Packet, MR Sandwich Wraps, MR Paper Cups (16 oz. or 21 oz.), Plastic Spoons, MR Tray Liners, MR Large Koozie, MR Red Apron, MR Logo Tattoos, and an MR Black Hat.
5. Maid-Rite has added some menu choices for those customers who are eating in a healthy, low-calorie way, and they are delicious. They are a Veggie Wrap, a Chicken Wrap, and a Smoked Turkey Wrap. Not only these, but Maid-Rite’s signature salads continue to give health-conscious clientele a yummy alternative.
6. Maid-Rite serves Cheddar Cheese Curds. Don’t know what these are? They are fresh, young cheese bits that are caught before the cheese is aged and cut into blocks. Here’s the thing, regular cheddar cheese is aged from 60 days to 4 years. Curds, on the other hand, are meant to be eaten right away. Left uneaten for too long and they become salty and dry. Best thing is just to order them at a Maid-Rite Diner.
7. The corporate offices of Maid-Rite are in West Des Moines, Iowa.
8. If your city does not have a Maid-Rite, you might be able to open a franchise. With 88 years of experience, you get really excellent training and support.
9. Maid-Rite is right on top of the technological ladder. They have a downloadable app that includes helping you find a Maid-Rite near you; the latest promotions and coupons; call in an order; become a member of the Loyalty Club and earn free sandwiches; be in touch with other Maid-Rite fans across the country; learn about franchise opportunities; and more.
10. Maid-Rite fans do not want their loose-meat sandwiches to be called “Sloppy Joes”. They boldly argue that there is not, and forever more will never be any tomato sauce, paste, or fresh tomatoes on their sandwiches. And, yes, there are many attempts online to copy the secret recipe for the sandwiches, but it cannot be duplicated. Anyway, it’s a secret!
So, there you go. These little known facts are great to have in our brains. But what is even better is marching in to the nearest Maid-Rite Diner and having a a loose-meat sandwich all your own. The reason that it can’t be duplicated is because, we already told you; it’s a secret!