We're Going Green
Maid-Rite Corporation believes in being environmentally responsible...
by practicing sustainable habits, and we encourage our franchisees to follow in our planet-friendly footsteps. Everything from paper recycling to ecological sanitation is part of our company-wide effort to reduce waste and to maintain our meticulously clean restaurants.
Our Tork systems promote proper hand washing and help keep everyone healthy. One-at-a-time dispensing reduces paper usage and minimizes waste. In fact, Tork recycles over 750,000 tons of paper each year, more than half of which is post-consumer. Our recycling efforts conserve natural resources and minimize landfill burdens. Tork cuts costs, increases hygienic practices, and contributes to our sustainable corporate philosophy.
We strive to use environmental cleaning supplies whenever possible. Right now, Maid-Rite uses several Proctor & Gamble products that meet strict GS-37 and EPA standards. While P&G is a global leader in environmental awareness and practice, Maid-Rite sets the example for its own franchisees by using five of P&G's green sanitation offerings: Dawn Dish Detergent, Spic & Span Floor Cleaner, Spic & Span 3-in-1, Broad Range Sanitizer, and Safeguard Soap.
At Maid-Rite, we have learned that we can keep our restaurants squeaky clean while maintaining the health of the planet at the same time. Clean and green. That's a win-win combination.
The Benefits Include:
- Color Rendering and Quality better than Fluorescent or CFL
- The "perceived" brightness is even higher than the measured lumens
- Color consistency is near perfect
- Held to higher standards than other technologies
- Fade happens much slower than other technologies
- Does not produce harmful U/V or fade merchandise
More Energy Efficient
- Consumes 85% less energy than incandescent
- Consumes 50% less energy than fluorescent
- Low heat produced = lower cooling cost
- Most lamps rated for 50,000 hours to 70% lumen maintenance
- A typical application will see 20+ years before needing replacement
- No outside contractor is required to change / dispose lamp
- Consumes less electricity / emits fewer greenhouse gases
- Longer life means less landfills are impacted
- No harmful Mercury
- Safer – cooler operation means less (or NO) fire hazard
- Almost all components are 100% recyclable
- In many cases, our products pay for themselves in less than 2 years
- Return On Investment can easily be 12 or 15 times the cost of the product
- Lifetime savings on Energy and Maintenance cost is significant
Green... products that actually produce cost savings!